Be the reference point for sustainable development, transforming Rivers State rural and urban economies from dependency to self-sufficiency
Partner international and local development agencies and the Government of Rivers State to lift the poor in Rivers State above the poverty line through deliberate and sustainable intervention programmes and projects
P – Passion for the Poor
A – Accountability
R – Respect for People
T – Transparency
I – Integrity
•Evaluate and assess existing and future intervention programmes through the acquisition, warehousing and analysis of development socio-economic and data.
•Formulate and implement plans, initiatives, strategies, intervention models and specific measures to achieve sustainable socio-economic development, capacity-building, skills acquisition, alternative sources of livelihood in an environmentally sustainable manner in Rivers State.
•Collaborate with Government including local councils, the communities, international development agencies and organised private sectors in the pursuit of sustainable development agenda for Rivers State.
- SUSTAINABILITY – Ensuring that projects the Agency embarks upon are sustainable and useful to the people
- PARTNERSHIP – Seek out credible partners that will co-invest their expertise and funds in the projects
- SOCIAL ENTERPRISING – Ensuring that each project or programme provides benefits beyond just profit to the greatest number of people, and is able to create wealth and enhance the quality of life of the people
- MARKET ACCESS – ensuring that beneficiaries have access to markets where commercial value is placed on their goods and services
Implementing our philosophy
We are build individuals to be able to empower themselves and meet the basic livelihood needs of their households, thus becoming active socio-economic agents for societal change.
We give support to individuals and the communities that they live in, we invest in human capital, rural infrastructure and social development, which will create the enabling environment for the individual to:
· Empower themselves economically
· Effectively manage their households
· Become active agents for positive socio-economic change in Rivers State.
In light of the above, RSSDA’s operations are to:
· Develop the individuals through formal and on-the-job training, skills acquisition, and formal education.
· Empower the individuals through business incubation and technical support.
· Enable individuals become productively active income earners who can ensure food security for their households, meet their basic needs, have disposable income and pay taxes to the public treasury.
· Provide the infrastructural and social development support that will bring about an enabling environment for the target population to achieve objectives 1 to 3 above.