Our Mission is to partner international and local development agencies and the Government of Rivers State to lift the poor above poverty line...
Be the reference point for sustainable development, transforming Rivers State rural and urban economies from dependency to self-sufficiency.
Partner international and local development agencies and the Government of Rivers State to lift the poor in Rivers State above the poverty line through deliberate and sustainable intervention programmes and projects
P – Passion for the Poor
A – Accountability
R – Respect for People
T – Transparency
I – Integrity
•Evaluate and assess existing and future intervention programmes through the acquisition, warehousing and analysis of development socio-economic and data.
•Formulate and implement plans, initiatives, strategies, intervention models and specific measures to achieve sustainable socio-economic development, capacity-building, skills acquisition, alternative sources of livelihood in an environmentally sustainable manner in Rivers State.
•Collaborate with Government including local councils, the communities, international development agencies and organised private sectors in the pursuit of sustainable development agenda for Rivers State.
Sustainable Development is holistic socio-economic transformation of the rural areas with a long-term horizon, which ensures that the needs of the rural dwellers are met through results-oriented and professionally supported programs and projects.
Community projects must meet current socio-economic needs, grow in scope and impact over at least one generation (i.e. 15-20 years) and become adaptable to changing development needs into the foreseeable future.
Such an outcome should be powered by the engine of economic production and income earning by the largest possible number of currently poor, unemployed and under-employed people of Rivers State.
In practical terms, we envision the core of sustainable development as representing the emergence of viable, self-adjusting local economies, with community-level enterprises, that have active commercial linkages with urban markets in Rivers State, across the Niger Delta, in Nigeria as a whole and internationally.
Implementing our philosophy
We are build individuals to be able to empower themselves and meet the basic livelihood needs of their households, thus becoming active socio-economic agents for societal change.
We give support to individuals and the communities that they live in, we invest in human capital, rural infrastructure and social development, which will create the enabling environment for the individual to:
· Empower themselves economically
· Effectively manage their households
· Become active agents for positive socio-economic change in Rivers State.
In light of the above, RSSDA’s operations are to:
· Develop the individuals through formal and on-the-job training, skills acquisition, and formal education.
· Empower the individuals through business incubation and technical support.
· Enable individuals become productively active income earners who can ensure food security for their households, meet their basic needs, have disposable income and pay taxes to the public treasury.
· Provide the infrastructural and social development support that will bring about an enabling environment for the target population to achieve objectives 1 to 3 above.